September 13, 2013
MENDOTA MUTUAL INS CO CHANGES EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY:
- $25.00 Non-sufficient Funds (NSF) fee
- Premium notices will show on the notice a brief description of the change. This will be on amendments and amended anniversary premium notices.
- Claim Free discount (5%) will be based on if the insured received a dollar amount, not on a claim being set up in our system. (working with computer software reps to see if there is a better way to show the claim free discount on the dec page)
MENDOTA MUTUAL INS CO 1-01-2014 CHANGES:
- Rate increase of 5% on fire & wind premiums
- Deleting the 5% renewal discount on all renewals
- Inflation factor NO CHANGE, will remain 2%
New Procedures, 1-1-14:
- Policy change request: Must be submitted from MMIC webpage, found under Application/Forms, Request for Policy Change.
- Any Steel roof coverings are at actual cash value.
- On the three year reviews, roofs at 15 years will be asked, do we need an ACV restriction; roofs 20 years & up will be excluded from any and all coverage…No interior water damage claims will be paid until roof is replaced. (this is policy by policy; this is something we can always discuss)
- Homes that are in pole buildings are rated as an outbuilding with personal property added for contents. Must have an agricultural cost estimator.
- 3 year reviews, if photos are requested and not returned, the class of the insured property may be lowered.
- Photos, need all sides of all buildings on property, regardless if we are insuring a building.
We will be updating the manual as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience while we get the manual updated.
Any questions, please feel free to contact me.
Deb Geuther, PFMM
Mendota Mutual Insurance Company